Winnsboro woman dies in house fire

RICHLAND COUNTY – A Winnsboro woman died early this morning after being involved in a house fire on Lilton Road in Winnsboro. The address is in the Richland County service area and was covered by the Richland County Fire Service.

Shari Austin, 65, died at the scene, according to Richland County Coroner Gary Watts. An autopsy indicated the cause of death to be carbon monoxide toxicity due to smoke inhalation.

The Richland County Coroner’s office and the Richland County Fire Marshall’s office are investigating the incident.

Contact us: (803) 767-5711 | P.O. Box 675, Blythewood, SC 29016 | [email protected]