Fairfield firefighters rescue family dog from burning home

WINNSBORO – After a good Samaritan alerted the Fairfield County Fire Service to a house on fire on Evans Street about 7:20 on Christmas Eve, another one used a garden hose to spray water into the window of the room on fire. Once the fire fighters arrived, they entered the home and extinguished the fire.

The family dog, who was in the house as the fire burned, had become overcome with smoke, but was revived and rescued by firefighters, according to the incident report.

There were no other injuries reported and officials said most of the fire damage was contained to the room of origin. They credited the good Samaritans for helping control the fire until fire personnel arrived.

Contact us: (803) 767-5711 | P.O. Box 675, Blythewood, SC 29016 | [email protected]