Chamber Welcomes New Board Members

BLYTHEWOOD – The Blythewood Chamber announced at its Tuesday breakfast meeting the new board members who will be leading the Chamber during the coming year. All of the businesses represented on the board are located in Columbia, Lexington and Fairfield County except for JMR Corporation, a pharmaceutical consulting firm owned by Blythewood resident J. Michael […]

Wateree Trump Parade

LAKE WATEREE – Lake Wateree residents Tibi and Sandra Czentye, left and front center, took their boat out for the Trump boat parade on Lake Wateree on July 3. Joining them were the Tega Cay Mayor David L. O’Neal, top, and friends Vic and Patti Dabney. More than 500 boats participated.

FBHS Strengthening Families Program

Blythewood Yard Sale – Saturday, July 18

Business/Yard Sale! Going out of business sale with hundreds of different artists prints (some signed or limited edition) and some framed prints.  Also having a large yard sale at same time. Saturday, July 18 6:00 am-  426 Main Street in Blythewood

4 food shares set for Thursday, July 17

WINNSBORO – The fifth Fairfield County mobile food pantry is scheduled for distribution in Fairfield County at four separate locations at the same time – Thursday, July 16 at 5 p.m. Food Share boxes of fresh fruits and vegetables will be distributed to the first 200 households at each location. Boxes are limited to two […]

SC’s last Buffalo Soldier dies at 92

WINNSBORO – When Taft Henry was laid to rest last week, his friends and acquaintances remembered him as a peaceful man – a good man who volunteered his time to help his community. He was on the hospital board, the county’s election commission and social services board. He was a cub master at Calvary Presbyterian […]

Windermere foreclosure stalled by Chapter 11

BLYTHEWOOD – A foreclosure sale scheduled for LongCreek Plantation’s Windermere Club and Fairways Development LLC, et all, got a reprieve on Monday. John Bakhaus, owner of both entities, filed for chapter 11 bankruptcy protection to give him time to reorganize his finances, according to Rob Szwec, president of LongCreek Plantation Property Owners Association (LPPOA). The […]

Blythewood woman’s passion is dog rescue

BLYTHEWOOD – If there’s a dog out wandering the community in need of help, best believe Nelly Nevils will find it. “I really think they find me,” said Nevils, who has rescued countless animals over the years – not just dogs, but also other pets and assorted wildlife. “I’ll be driving to work or to […]

Heirloom Fine Art Gallery opens

WINNSBORO – Opening night of artist Barbara Yongue’s new Heirloom Fine Art Gallery in downtown Winnsboro drew 90 attendees Friday night. Approximately 30 attended the ribbon cutting earlier that day. “I was overwhelmed by the attendance,” Yongue said. “Everyone was so welcoming. Plus, I was thrilled that we sold 11 paintings. It was a wonderful, […]

Yongue opens downtown art gallery

Grand Opening Set For July 3, 5 – 8 p.m. WINNSBORO – When local artist, Barbara Yongue, was a little girl, she dreamed of becoming an artist. Her parents would say, “Draw me,” when they had company over, proud of her natural ability. They took her to special art classes and she collected art postcards, […]